Colorado Credit Union's Free Checking was made for your busy lifestyle. Our Free Checking account offers you the convenience of mobile banking and access to shared branch banking at 5,900 locations. In addition, you'll enjoy a Free Visa® debit card, no monthly service charge, and no minimum balance requirements. Open yours today.
General Member Account Information
Benefits of this account include:
FREE Direct Deposit
FREE Mobile Deposit*
FREE Visa® Debit Card enabled with contactless chip technology, an enhanced-security feature that allows you to “tap and go” at any contactless-accepting card readers
- Change direct deposits, recurring payments, and subscription payments quickly and easily with ClickSWITCH
Enroll in electronic statement & documents including tax documents
FREE Bill Pay
No minimum balance
Unlimited check writing
Thousands of surcharge-free CO-OP ATMs
- Banking at more than 5,900 CO-OP Shared Branches across the country
- Lost or stolen card? Stop by a branch to be "instant issued" a new card on the spot
What You Need to Know about Us Paying Your Overdrafts and Our Overdraft Charges
An overdraft occurs when the available balance of funds in the account you have with us is inadequate to cover a check or electronic transaction (such as with your debit card or through an ATM), but we elect to pay it anyway.
We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with the account. They are covered in Provision 6.I. of the MSA Part 2 and this disclosure.
- We also offer an overdraft protection service that draws funds from a savings or loan account you have with us, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these services or our overdraft plans or read about them in Provision 6.1. of the MSA Part 2.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with the account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using the checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What service charges will be imposed if you pay my overdrafts)?
While there is no charge to authorize us to pay your overdrafts, under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will impose a service charge of up to $29.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, if your account is overdrawn for five (5) or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $5.00 per day.
- There is no limit on the total service charges we can impose on you for overdrawing the account (though generally they will be imposed for each overdraft transaction we pay on the account).
To authorize and pay overdrafts on your ATM and everyday debit card transactions
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 303.978.2274 or toll-free 800.828.2274, or complete this form and present it at a branch or mail it to: Colorado Credit Union, PO Box 270010, Littleton, CO 80127.