Preparing for Life's Curve Balls
Publish date: 4/1/2021
Even the most prepared individuals cannot always predict the curve balls that life will throw. As unexpected situations arise, financial circumstances can swiftly change, turning even the most basic tasks into seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
Whatever the case may be, no matter how big or small, Colorado Credit Union will dedicate its time and effort into helping you navigate through the turmoil.
If you are struggling with making monthly payments, talk to your local representative so that we can give you the proper assistance and guidance. Colorado Credit Union offers solutions to assist those in need, but can only help if you make us aware.
Communicating and being open with your situation is the first step to getting help. As always, your information and privacy are heavily protected and will be kept between you and the Credit Union.
Currently in financial distress? We recommend following this guideline to help get your situation sorted:
- Immediately contact your current creditors/lenders to make them aware of the situation. Research the options that each gives and take advantage of what you can. Remember, assistance cannot be given if no one is aware of the situation.
- Protect your Credit! Just because you cannot make payments for the month does not mean your credit should be penalized. This ties back into contacting your creditors to seek relief programs or temporary suspension of payments.
- Prioritize your payments. If you can manage, it is recommended to try and keep all payments in good standing, but often times you will have to pick and choose. Keeping loans such as mortgages and auto loans in good standing should take precedence over items such as credit cards or unsecured loans.
- Consider consolidating your payments. Multiple payments can carry a variety of interest rates and minimum amounts. Focusing on maintaining a stable, monthly payment will help reduce stress and keep a clear goal in mind for budgeting.
- As the importance cannot be understated, contact your creditors/lenders! We are stating this again because we can offer the most immediate forms of relief.